Saturday 7 August 2010

Photo Ideas

Hi all,
Well I have been enjoying the summer such as it has been this past month, hot and wet which left me with a bit of a problem. On more than one occasion, I have headed out with my camera to a place of beauty to take photos that had blue sky and fluffy white clouds but the weather has been against me. As a result, I have been forced to plan for the worse and hope for the best and as a result, I have started to give my self weekly projects that can be carried out no matter the weather.



No matter what type of photography you are into or how accomplished a photographer you are we can all benefit from going back over basic techniques that we seldom use and work out of our comfort zone to tackle subjects that we do not normally enjoy. This will add to your skill base that you can draw upon when you come across a subject in difficult conditions. I am sure that you will be able to think up your own projects but to get you started I will be posting the projects that I have set for my self over the coming weeks.



Now, when thinking about your projects you should try to achieve a number of objectives; you should be able to carry out the project under any weather conditions and both outside and indoors, it should challenge your ability whether that be your artistic or technical skills. Keep your ideas all together in a small notebook that you should carry with you all the time, when you see an image that you like make a note of where you found it and what techniques you think they used. When you have completed the project be sure to go back to your notebook to add what worked for you and what did not.



To find beauty in the everyday
This is a very open project for what is beauty. Well that is down to you, this can be anything but the key is to look at your surroundings to find things that will make pleasing photos. As from my earlier post you will notice that I tend to look at things back to front from the normal way of thinking and this is the same, you first need to think what the photo will be used for, what will the end use be for the photo?



Knowing what the end use for the photo is going to be will greatly increase your chances of getting the desired photo. Even if they are to be used as practise photos in your image editing program to help you with masking or layering. This was just a quick one to get you thinking next time I will start to push your photography, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment