Sunday 26 February 2017

A walk along the canal

Railings and water drops card


Last Sunday I went for a walk along one of the canals that I live near. Usually if I have nothing planned for the day I will switch off my alarm and sleep till my body says it has had enough but with the days starting to get longer sunrise is getting earlier. So this time I let my alarm get me up and off I set too the starting point of my walk, being a Sunday and just after dawn there was not many people about.

Bridge in morning sun and mist card


I walked along the Bridgewater Canal, starting at Barton Bridge and followed the canal through Trafford Park Industrial estate. Not the most promising of landscapes for photography but as with most places the character changes with the time of day and the weather.


Like many photographers I would love to travel the world to photograph great vistas that I see on the internet or in magazines but there are good images to be had much closer to home, you just need to look at them anew and maybe at different times of the day.

Door and Barrows Wood Print


Forgotten Crane Card


and reflection Card" style="border:0;" />



No comments:

Post a Comment